Posts Tagged With: Robson
Obituary – Clifford M. Robson
In the 1800′s, Frederick Davis, who was in his early 20′s had planned to move from England to Australia. He learned prior to moving that his brother, David, who resided in Goshen, Ohio was ill. Frederick decided to come to America to visit him.
Frederick lived with his brother David for awhile and then decided to stay in America. He got a job in a coal mine and met and married his wife, Ida Hibbs. They lived on Goshen Hill Road and later moved to a log home near Wainwright, which was previously owned by Mary Ann Winkler. Frederick and Ida’s children were Fred, Ann, David, Charles, Harve, Joe, John and Fanny. David met and married Winnie Cowdney, on September 14, 1925. Her parents Claude and Mary Burns Cowdney had moved earlier from Willoughby, OH to a farm along Horger Hill Rd. David and Winnie moved to a farm near Centerburg, OH, after work in Wainwright Mine slowed down. David soon became homesick for the “hills of home” in Tuscarawas County and decided to buy the Rebecca E. and James Roe property in Goshen Valley when it came up for sale. Two of their daughters, Mildred Davis Curtis and Dorothy Davis Lanum, married and resided in Morrow County. The Davises gave 1 1/2 acres of their three acre property to their daughter Betty and her husband Clifford M. Robson. They built a new home there in 1956. Betty and Cliff, (Cliff recently passed away) had four children: Roger, who resides in the home of his grandparents David and Winnie Davis, Carol (Joe) Ginetti and Phil (Sue) Robson, all of Goshen and Clifford (Joyce) Darrell Robson, of Tuscarawas, OH. Clifford and Joyce previously lived on Horger Hill Rd.